This document helps candidates decide whether they are ready to sit the electrical competence-based trade test.
The checklist is designed to help assess if candidates are adequately prepared and trained in all aspects of the SCQF Level 7 qualification which will be tested during the FICA. The FICA assessment is designed to assess competency in key occupational areas, including:
- Identification of hazards and risk assessment
- Safe isolation of the electrical supply and final circuits
- Planning and installation, terminating and connecting specified wiring systems
- The interpretation of specifications, drawings and diagrams
- Verification of new electrical installations (inspection, testing and certification)
- Fault diagnosis and correction of electrical faults
- Understanding and application of industry-recognised procedures, working practices and the requirements of statutory and non-statutory regulations.